Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip

I mentioned like two weeks ago that I had tried a delicious new dessert recipe and I finally have a chance to share it. I found this little baby on Pinterest and believe it or not, this pin actually linked to the recipe. Is it just me or does anyone else find tons of good looking things (decor, clothes, recipes, I could go on forever) on Pinterest that have no links? Drives me crazy...

Anyway, this recipe from Shugary Sweets is delish. And though I won't post one of her own photos, you've got to go check out how delicious her food looks. And get a more thorough idea of the directions. One day I'll get a hang of this whole food photography thing.

The recipe is super simple and only requires these ingredients:


1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
8oz pkg Reese's peanut butter cup Minis (or about 1 1/2 cup chopped Reese's cups)  
 
As you can see, I forgot to take a picture of all my ingredients before I melted the butter.
 
After you have melted the butter in a saucepan,
whisk the brown sugar into the butter quickly until the sugar has dissolved.

After the sugar has dissolved (mine started to caramelize before it had completely dissolved. Totally turns out fine anyway.), remove the mixture from heat and add the vanilla. It's super important to let this cool to room temp before adding to the rest of the ingredients. I'm not sure why, I just followed the directions and she made a pretty big deal of this.
 
If you're fortunate enough to have a KitchenAid stand mixer like me, it takes about 30 seconds for the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to cream together. If you're using a hand mixer, it should take about 3-4 minutes. Time doesn't really matter though because you'll want this to be super creamy.

 
When your dip looks like the picture on the left, it's time to add the butter/sugar/vanilla mixture.
Cream that together and it looks just like the second picture.
 
 
Then it's time to fold in the chocolate chips and the Reese's cups.
My dip looked like this once it was all complete.
It tasted delicious like that but I definitely preferred it after it had been refrigerated for a few hours.
 
I know this is great with graham cracker sticks (I'm a connoisseur of the SpongeBob Graham Cracker Squares...) but I think this would also be good with pretzels and maybe even apple slices.
 
 
Here I am eating this on my couch after work one night...
And pretty much every night that week but I only took one picture, so that means it only happened once... Right?
 
Overall, this dip was pretty tasty. I've had better cookie dough type dips but I'd make this one again. I think the main problem was that I used store brand peanut butter. Brad and I normally eat natural peanut butter but I knew real peanut butter would taste better in this dish. Too bad I skimped on buying a national brand (I'm a sucker for Peter Pan) because we don't eat regular PB, would've been so worth it to get the real stuff!

3 comments :

  1. OH MY GOSH. Can you deliver some of this to me at work please? This sounds so yummy!

    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man this looks delicious! I'm hosting thanksgiving this year and may have to add this to my desert possibilities.... Happy to be a new follower!

    Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete