Last weekend, with the help of Brad, I was able to cross another thing off my list! Brad and I have technically had this tradition since probably our second Christmas together way back in 2009. However, now that we're officially on our way to becoming a family, I'm considering this our first official family tradition.
Each Christmas season, Brad and I spend one day together doing nothing. Nothing but laying around in our pajamas, watching Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate and baking cookies. This has become one of our favorite and most looked forward to days of the year.
We woke up early this past Saturday morning and I started some homemade hot chocolate (another thing to cross of the list, look for the recipe coming soon). We were able to watch 6 of our favorite Christmas movies. Even with all the laundry I had to do and a trip to the gym to get in a workout - I guess we needed to make up for all the sweets we ate that day!
All you need for the delicious hot chocolate recipe I'm sharing soon!
She turned around as I was taking the picture,
but this little kitty was totally watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
The line-up for Christmas Movie Day:
1. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
2. "Four Christmases"
3. "Jingle All the Way"
4. "Elf"
5. "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York"
6. "Christmas Vacation"
Let it be known that my actual favorite Christmas movie is "It's a Wonderful Life". Currently I have the tradition of watching this every Christmas Eve with my mommy, daddy, and sister. I guess that will be changing soon but I wanted to have one last year with them before adding it to our movie lineup.
And even though he wasn't spending the day with us, we got the cutest picture of our nephew Hudson that day.
Isn't he precious in front of his first Christmas tree in his snowman jammies?
This little boy has my heart.

No comments :
Post a Comment