When we made plans for our pictures the first thing I did was start browsing my "Get in My Closet" Pinterest board for outfit ideas. Because let's be honest, my outfit(s) are the most important :) No surprise to me here but the majority of my outfit pins are spring and summer outfits. I'm not the girl who dies for fall sweater weather. Give me sandals, shorts, and sun dresses and I'm incredibly happy. I absolutely HATE being cold, so when it worked out that our engagement pictures would have to take place in the winter I was at a loss for what to wear!
I'd like to take our pictures in two different outfits, a dressier outfit and a more casual outfit. I found a few outfits that I think would look great for our engagement pictures and thankfully I actually have a lot of the clothing pieces already!
For Our Casual Look:

These two looks are really similar, but I can't decide if I should go for the gray and cranberry or neutral and cranberry combo?

For Our Dressier Look:
Except without the jean jacket, tights, and brown belt.
And without the purse of course. Because who carries that in their engagement pictures? :)
I'm really open to more ideas for outfit choices. I really can't stand dressing myself in the winter so I'm always open to cute ideas. And if you're a fan of these choices, give me some ideas for how I should dress Brad! Because, let's be honest, we all know that's what's going to end up happening. Thankful to have a fiancé who is so open to all these wedding ideas!




First of all, I love all of these ideas. I think they all look great. As long as you can execute your vision, I say do it! I went for comfort during ours (we did ours in May), and I am so glad I did. Just remember that it might still be cold in January.
ReplyDeleteAnd second, you are getting your pictures done a week before my 30th bday! WOO HOO!
Thank you! That is the plan for ours too. I think everyone would be shocked if we sent out Save the Dates with us in really formal outfits, ha. Definitely not our style! I'm hoping Georgia weather will be my life saver for these pictures - if not, luckily we've got nice peacoats that will add some pizazz!
DeleteAnd that has to be a good sign, right!? :)
I love your inspiration ideas! I think both will look lovely! Have you decided since it's now January?
ReplyDelete