1.
Firebird's
It's Friday date night and tonight Brad and I are trying a new restaurant for date night. Make that one of the ten new restaurants I'd like to try for 101 in 1001. We even have reservations! That's a whole lot fancier than what we normally do! Although this restaurant isn't exactly new to us, it is new to Greenville and therefore I'm counting it for my list. When we lived in Charlotte we would sometimes hit up Firebird's Wood Fired Grill for special occasions. It's not the fanciest of restaurants, (imagine $60-$70 for us to eat there if we get drinks) but definitely more than we normally aim to spend. We also had to drive into downtown from our old apartment since we technically lived in Kannapolis. However, the first Firebird's to open in South Carolina happened to open on the road we live off of so I know this could become a new favorite. I can't wait to get some of their famous Chicken Pasta, yum!
2.
Checking Things Off
One of my goals for my 101 in 1001 list was to meal plan for an entire month. This was the first thing I managed to check off my list when I planned dinners for the entire month of December this past Sunday. I've always wanted to do this and now that I have, I can't believe I waited so long! Meal planning has made everything SO easy. I was able to grocery shop for the entire month (although I know I'll have to go back for things like bread and milk, plus some fresh vegetables I didn't want to buy until closer to when they need to be used). Plus, I got to use a cute printable.
3.
THIS Peacoat
I love peacoats. Sometimes I think I love them a little too much. I probably wear mine too much but believe it or not they've held up great even though I've had them both for at least three years now. I have a gray and a red peacoat from Old Navy. I'm really impressed with the quality of these coats and have been on the lookout for a neutral, warmer colored coat to wear, specifically a camel/caramel colored coat. So, when I saw this one (ironically also for Old Navy) on sale (40% off!) the weekend before Thanksgiving I knew it had to be mine. It came in earlier this week and I can't wait to wear it for date night tonight!
4.
Friends-mas
This year my girlfriends and I decided we are getting each other Christmas gifts. We typically don't do this (I guess because we've all typically been in college and broke) but I'm pretty excited to exchange gifts this year. Even though I'm not in college anymore, I'm not looking to spend lots of money since the majority of my paycheck now goes to my wedding and bills. I think the best gifts are ones that you put your heart into anyway. All three of my best friends got us DIY gifts for our engagement party and they've been my favorites. So, I whipped up these two infinity scarves for two of my friends and I'm actually pretty excited about how they turned out. ! It's been a while since I've whipped out my sewing machine and I was pleased to see I still know what I'm doing!
5.
Working on my Fitness
Brad and I have our engagement photos on January 20, 2014 so we've really been stepping up our game in the gym (and by that I mean actually going to the gym) to combat the holiday foods we will no doubt consume. Not to mention, we just want to be healthier in general. In honor of my first week back in the gym full time I give you the gym selfie. Because if you don't take a picture, did it really even happen? Honestly though, I hate selfies. I feel they're a sad display of girls' (and guys') constant need for approval. But now that my Nike Running app has a camera feature, I couldn't resist. I promise this is the only selfie you'll ever get from me :) P.S. That's how far I ran (and let's be honest, there was some walking in there too)! Not bad for my first time running in who knows how long. Why is running on the treadmill so much easier than running outside?!
Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!


Excited for your engagement pictures! I need your motivation to go to the gym! Send it my way :)
ReplyDeleteLove those scarves!! And although I hate selfies too, I think I would have had to take one on my first day back to the gym.... because let's admit, that hasn't happened it awhile! :/ So glad you joined our little link-up!!! Happy week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThat pasta looks amazing... ugh. Holidays are seriously making me gain weight. :(
ReplyDelete