Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cheers to a New Year, Part IV

I'm back in town after a long trip home to visit our families for Christmas. We had the best time hanging out with our families and celebrating the holidays with them. Typically yesterday would have meant going back to work but Brad and I both took off from Christmas Eve through New Year's and so we spent yesterday and today recovering from our trip and cleaning around the apartment. Anyway, in honor of today being New Year's Eve, I thought I might finally link up for the final part of Cheers to a New Year even though I'm a few days late.

October


 
At the beginning of October we celebrated our engagement with a wonderful party that my parents threw for us. We had the best time at our engagement party and were so thankful that we got to celebrate with our families and friends. In keeping with the wedding theme, October was also the month I bought my wedding dress! It was such a memorable experience and you can read all about it here.
 
 
November

The first weekend of November, my girlfriends (who make up 3 of my 4 bridesmaids) came to visit me in Greenville. It was the first time I'd ever been downtown and I feel like I had been missing out on so much. I've since been downtown one more time so I could take Brad for his first outing in downtown G-ville. I ended up having the best staycation with all my friends.
 
  
We spent the end of November back home for Thanksgiving. That of course, meant some quality time with our nephew. This little guy is definitely going to end up being bigger than me. Also, at the very end of November, we finally made it inside the 300s! This wedding is coming up FAST!

 
December
It wouldn't be December without Christmas. We actually decorated before Thanksgiving this year (oops, broke my own rule) and have enjoyed having the decorations up for a good month and a half. We both love Christmas so much, it's worth it to me to be a little tacky for a while. I also went to my work Christmas party and while it wasn't the most fun, I'm glad I finally got to bring Brad to meet everyone!
 
 
So, that's a wrap for my 2013. I can't believe how fast it came and went. It was a big year for me and next year will be even bigger! I plan on recapping my actual Christmas too and sharing my favorite moments from that but Brad and I still have yet to open our gifts to each other so Christmas isn't over for me yet! If you still want to link up your October, November, and December you can do so here until tomorrow! So jump on it :) 


Peach State of Mind

No comments :

Post a Comment