January
1. (Not pictured) I started living on my own, alone for the first time in my life. Previously Brad and I had lived together, starting in August 2012. Brad got a promotion and moved to Greenville, SC (where we live now) in January. I wanted to finish out the school year before I decided to move and I started living on my own at our apartment (with no TV and only two pieces of furniture haha!).
2. I braved an ice storm and drove from North Carolina to Georgia for one of my best friend's, Kayla's, birthday. It was definitely a miracle that I made it to Georgia that day considering I saw probably 4-5 car accidents happen right in front of me. In case you were wondering, you probably shouldn't speed when driving on ice! Luckily, I survived but my typical 4 1/2 hours drive turned into 7+ hours.
February
1. We celebrated the 100th Day of School! I made this cute banner for my kids to walk through on their way into the classroom. They loved it! That and the adorable 100-shaped glasses we decorated and wore all day while we worked on 100 themed activities. Kindergarten really is the best.
2. Sadly, February was when it was confirmed that my grandmother had colon cancer. My whole family got together to spend some quality time with her for a big bonfire on their farm. That's her with my cousin's daughter Kaylee. They're both such cuties. I really appreciate everyone who mentioned that they would pray for my grandma after this post. Y'all mean the world to me and I'm so thankful that there are people out there who care enough about me and this little blog to pray for someone they don't know.
3. I drove back home to celebrate my (real) little sister's (sorority) big sister's birthday. That's me with my sister's friend Ali. This was the first college party I attended since graduating in May 2012 (luckily I can get away with this without being creepy since I look so young!) and the last. I have never felt so old!
March
1. We celebrated Dr. Seuss's Birthday at school with some "green eggs and ham" a.k.a. vanilla pudding tinted green and some vanilla wafers. This kids thought it was so cute and so did I.
2. We found out Brad's sister was having a boy! We had been waiting since December to find out and when we finally did we could not have been more excited to spoil our little nephew. We may have gone a little bit over board spoiling him. Hudson's wardrobe furnished probably 75% by Uncle Brad and Aunt Morgan... Oops :)
3. We had the best Easter egg hunt and Spring Party before Spring Break at school. Hint: If you're a teacher or just hosting a big Easter party, number all your eggs and assign each kid a number so that everyone gets the same amount of eggs. It's completely fair and is a fun way to practice number recognition.
I can't wait to recap the rest of my year with y'all. I promise it gets WAY more fun and exciting once I get back among the living (i.e. stop living by myself). If you'd like to recap your year with this cute little link-up you can do so here. Just be sure to add the button :) Check back here next Thursday for months April, May, and June!



Thanks for linking up girlie :)
ReplyDeleteI would love to teach Kindergarten! You get to do so much adorable stuff!
Stopping by from the link-up! How fun for those kiddos on the 100th day of school- I'm hoping teach Kindergarten once I graduate next December!
ReplyDeleteKatie
midwesterncharmblog.blogspot.com