Warning: July was the best month of my whole life. So be prepared for a pretty lengthy recap. Oops. Don't say I didn't warn you :)
July
Brad and I started off our July with a week and a half vacation in Siesta Key, Florida. Brad grew up vacationing here, near Sarasota, and I had never been! We had always talked about eventually taking a vacation there together (Brad has already been to where my family took our yearly vacation with me, way back in 2009!) and so this year, we finally did. This was our first vacation in 4 years!
1. We took this picture after a combined dinner with both our families, who happened to be vacationing in Siesta Key at the same time... This picture was taken on the 4th of July, hence my fireworks shorts and our red, white, and blue attire.
2. Of course I had to mark our vacation by writing our names in the sand. I'm so cheesy.
3. How pretty is this view? I could look at this every day for the rest of my life.
4. Enjoying some quality time with my family, who happened to be taking the picture and therefore aren't pictured. Don't we look cute in our matching outfits? We tend to coordinate for basically everything. Funny thing is we hardly ever plan it! I guess we've been together so long now it just kind of happens.
5. Walking together on the pier after eating WAY too much at Sharky's. Again with the coordinating outfits...
The biggest part of my July was getting engaged to my fabulous fiancé Brad!
1. Don't you love how Brad is practically as tall as me? Too bad he's on one knee and I'm standing all the way up (standing super awkwardly too). At least there's hope for some tall babies!
2. Still in love with this pretty little sparkler. Just took her for her six month check up too and finally got one of those free cleanings the jewelry store promised. Brad did a pretty awesome job picking out my ring. I love it!
3. We got engaged on July 4, 2013. This happened to be the first day of our vacation so we got to spend the rest of our vacation as an engaged couple!
4. Love him. You can read our engagement story here.

I celebrated my 23rd birthday at the beach! Summer birthdays are always great because I've gotten to be on vacation several times in my life for my birthday. This was definitely one of my most memorable birthdays though!
1. Enjoying some 2 for 1 Margs during my birthday week (you mean you don't celebrate the whole week?).
2. Crazy how this lighting makes us look SO much paler (and chubbier) than we do in the other two pictures! This was my actual birthday and we took this picture at my birthday dinner.
3. Touring downtown Venice Beach, Florida. If you're ever been to Athens, Georgia I'm sure you've seen the painted bulldogs all over the city. Venice does the same thing except with turtles since Venice Beach is a huge breeding ground for sea turtles.

Not even a week after we came home from vacation, our nephew made his debut. Hudson was born 3 weeks early and we didn't even get unpacked before we were hitting the road again to meet him.
1. I promise I know how to hold babies y'all. Every time I look at this picture all I can think about is how much it looks like I'm not even supporting his head. Oops...
2. How cute does he look in his "I've Been Told I Love the Braves" onesie? Uncle Brad and Aunt Morgan may have provided that for him. As well as a bigger one for this upcoming Braves season. Can't wait for games with this little slugger.
3. & 4. I can't get over how much Brad loves his nephew. He is so good with him. He absolutely adores him. I can't wait for him to become a daddy. Just kidding, I can wait several more years for that.
August

Our August was a little less eventful, but it was pretty hard to top our July! One of the biggest things that happened to me in August was finally accepting that I wasn't going to be a teacher this year. So, I packed up my teaching supplies and officially started working at Marley Lilly.
1. This pretty little kitty celebrated her 2nd birthday by rolling around in some laundry and cuddling with her mommy. Never would have dreamed that I would ever like a cat, let alone love one as much as I love Jules.
2. I made a dinner that made Brad actually go back for seconds. Something he never does! Crockpot Chicken Parmesan is where it's at ladies. Best way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
3. We celebrated Hudson's 1-Month birthday by having his first public outing. We got to have dinner at the local Mexican restaurant with Brad's sister and her husband. Baby boy slept the whole time and didn't mind at all when Brad and I snuck in some kisses on the ride back home.
September

September was definitely a slow down although we were able to make lots of big decisions regarding our upcoming wedding. We also reached the one year mark until our wedding! It seemed so far away when we picked the date but now I can't believe how fast September 20, 2014 is coming up!
1. & 2. Brad cooked us dinner on the new pan we won at the Bridal Show we went to. He hardly ever cooks us dinner, unless we're having something grilled (he's much better at that than I am). But this pan is called the man pan and he couldn't wait to try it out (despite the goofy face he's making while I take his picture). Our delicious dinner of roasted chicken and potatoes and green beans, those courtesy of your's truly, was to die for.
3. I finally asked all my bridesmaids to be in our wedding! Fortunately for me they all said yes! You can check out how I asked them by reading this post!
4. And we ended our September by spending some more quality time with this cuddly, giggly baby. Funny how babies make you do things you normally wouldn't. Like drive the 3 1/2 hours home to visit your family almost every weekend!
Thanks for catching up on the best months of my life this year. I told you I needed an entire post just for the month of July! Hopefully next week's recap of October, November and December is just as exciting. If you haven't started linking up yet, it's not too late!


Oh my goodness your ring is gorgeous! I just found your blog for the first time tonight and I look forward to learning more about you in the new year! Thanks for these little snippets! xo
ReplyDelete