Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve! Hopefully you aren't spending your Christmas Eve reading this little blog, but just in case you are I have a quick and easy recipe to share that would be a great addition to your Christmas morning. Brad and I are finally headed home to Georgia this afternoon to spend some quality time with our families. I can't believe that this is going to be my last Christmas with my mommy and daddy and next year I'll be married! So crazy.

When Brad and I are married I know I'll be adding this Crock Pot Hot Chocolate to our list of Christmas traditions. I made this a couple weeks ago for our Christmas Movie Day and it was delicious! I didn't take step by step photos because the original recipe poster did such a great job.

You can tell I don't do a lot of baking judging by the dust on my ingredients...
I promise they weren't expired! :)
 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup dry baking cocoa
12 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
7 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Marshmallows, as many as you want [which for me meant none, yuck!]
 
Directions:
1.) In crock-pot combine milk, water and vanilla.
2.) Add dry cocoa and salt, stir until smooth.
3.) Cover and cook on high 2 hours or on low for 4 hrs or until very hot.
4.) Top each serving with marshmallows, I also love whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon
We didn't top our hot cocoa with anything and it still turned out delicious all on it's own!
 
In addition to being delicious, this recipe also helped me to cross off one of my to-dos on my 101 in 1001 list! Another goal accomplished. If you're still looking for a great recipe for your holiday season I definitely recommend adding this to your must makes list.
 
 
 
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! I know we are so excited for it here. Enjoy all the time with your family and eat lots of Christmas cookies for me this year, since I'm trying to cut down on those... We'll see how that goes...
 

No comments :

Post a Comment