Anyway, here's what's been going on in the real world lately:
Our favorite (and only) nephew turned 1 last week! It seems just like yesterday that he was born. He has gotten so big (seriously, chubbiest baby ever). We had a great time celebrating at his baseball themed birthday party and talking to each other, mostly, as we were the only people there that weren't parents or grandparents.
[Side Note: One day when I'm a parent, I really want to make it a priority to know about things other than just my kids... Hope that's not too selfish sounding, but really, nothing is more annoying to a non-parent than a parent that loses the ability to hold a conversation about something other than their child. Not that all the parents there were like that, but we definitely heard a lot more about babies than anything else.]
Not the best picture of Brad, but I look real good, so...
Hudson got a child-sized sofa that also happens to be the perfect size for me.
I also celebrated my friend Emma's 24th birthday with a surprise dinner for her at Veni Vidi Vici in Atlanta. It's a cute little upscale Italian restaurant in Midtown. It's not terribly, terribly expensive but they definitely have some expensive dishes and a very expensive wine list. Honestly though, my pasta wasn't any better than Olive Garden... The best part was getting to surprise Emma. She had no idea we were all going to be at the dinner Kayla planned for her birthday and was so excited and surprised. Plus, who doesn't love getting to spend a little bit of extra time with their friends.
This week (and next week) has mostly been about transforming this empty classroom into something that a new crop of 1st Graders will love to be in. It's coming along, slowly but surely. I'm beyond thankful to have SO much time to work in my room! It definitely beats the two days we got back at my old school!
I'm going to try my best to keep up with this blog, because I really enjoy blogging. But, a brand new school year in a grade I've never taught before plus a wedding, may make regular blogging a bit difficult for a while. Here's hoping I learn to juggle though because I can't wait to share so many wedding things and hopefully some good teacher resources!



No comments :
Post a Comment