Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Bachelorette Weekend

I have been waiting to post all about my bachelorette weekend until I collected all the photos and videos from my bridesmaids. Close to two weeks later, I finally have! This is a big 'ol post, be ready. So, here goes:

My bridesmaids and I left for a weekend in Savannah, Georgia on my 24th birthday. Because we were going out of town, I decided to keep the party small and only asked my bridesmaids to attend my bachelorette weekend. They did a great job planning everything out and got us a spot in a hotel only one block up from River Street, which is obviously where the party is in Savannah.

My sister got us the cutest gift baskets filled with tons of adorable presents! My sweet friends surprised me with birthday gifts then we headed to dinner. We had dinner at Rocks on the River which is in the bottom of The Bohemian Hotel, and they brought me the MOST DELICIOUS pie to celebrate my birthday. After dinner, we headed back to the hotel for a few delicious pre-party margaritas and I got my precious bachelorette sash. We had pretty good weather on the ride down, lunch, dinner, and a short walk around town. However, when we got ready to go out, the weather turned awful. Believe it or not, River Street was dead on a Friday night. We made the best of it though and had a blast celebrating my birthday and the beginning of the end of my single-dom.






We had planned to spend all day Saturday on the beaches of Tybee Island. However, when we woke up that morning it was pouring and rained pretty much until 1 or 2 PM that day. We obviously weren't going to make it to the beach, so we went to lunch down on River Street and did a little shopping. The worst part about the rain stopping was that it suddenly became beautiful. That was so much worse than if it had remained gloomy all day. It made me miss the beach even more than I already was.

After a quick nap (How lame, I know, but it was a VERY late night) and a few rounds of bachelorette party games, we got ready to celebrate our last night in Savannah. We had dinner at Tubby's Seafood, which was great the last time I ate there, but honestly a bit disappointing this go around and headed back to the hotel for a lingerie shower my bridesmaids threw. After opening all my goodies, or should I say Brad's? :), we headed back out to a bar in Savannah called Dueling Pianos. It was definitely the place to be for bachelorette parties because there were about 20 of us there. Saturday night was such great weather that everyone was out in full force. That made me so sad, because I didn't wear my sash out Saturday night!




We unfortunately had to pack up and head home on Sunday morning. We stopped for brunch at The Funky Brunch Cafe which had awesome quiche but our waitress was enough to make me not want to stop there again. Then we hit to road to make the long drive back to Atlanta. I'm so thankful my sweet bridesmaids planned such a fun bachelorette party for me! Even though it took place a full 2 months before our wedding, it really made everything seem real. It's all happening so fast!

Because we had about a billion pictures and videos, I made a video for y'all to watch if you're interested. I won't be offended if you don't watch the whole thing. But, I gotta say, it turned out pretty cute and does my party much better justice than my writing.


Savannah is a fabulous place to go for a bachelorette weekend, 
but there are a few things I wish we had done differently, some general, some personal:

Have a plan for the rain!
We had no back up for our Saturday Tybee plans and the rain left us scrambling for something to do. That morning/afternoon almost felt like a waste because we weren't really doing anything.

Research restaurants and be willing to pay!
We ate at two fabulous restaurants and two not so great restaurants while we were there. It's a tourist town, so the best restaurants are unfortunately going to be the more expensive ones. 

Don't let your friends allow some creepy guy to dance on you.
While we were out Friday, a lovely gross, young man decided to give me a lap dance. I've included it in the video only because I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was thoroughly disgusted by this, even in my altered state. HINT: I don't actually remember this.

Go where the party is.
As much fun as we had during my bachelorette party, I can't help but think it would have been more fun to go "all out" on Saturday night instead of Friday night. Maybe the weather was a huge factor, but it's always more fun to go where the party is, so make sure you're celebrating on a day when other people will actually be out.

My dance moves.
I'm literally the worst dancer. Especially when I'm not packing a little liquid courage. I sincerely regret that my friends forced me on the stage at Dueling Pianos to dance with all the other bachelorettes and I graced everything with my bad dance moves.

NC Belle In Boots

Wedding Wednesday

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for these tips! I am starting to think about my bachelorette party and there is so much to think about when it comes to it! Looks like you had a fabulous time, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister did a great job on the gift baskets! How much input did you have when planning your bachelorette party? My maid of honor is so excited to plan mine but I don't want to step on her toes with anything. I know I will absolutely love & adore whatever she has up her sleeve but I'm a planner by nature & not having ultimate control & power kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glasses - so sweet! Looks like you had a blast! Sorry about the rain and bad restaurants, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad that the weather didn't cooperate, but it sounds like you had a great time anyway! Those gift baskets and monogrammed wine/margarita glasses are too cute!

    ReplyDelete