So... Obviously it's a little late in the day for a blog post but I have been crazy busy lately. This is my first required week back at school. Even though I've been hard at work in my room for the last week and longer, staff developments have started this week and I feel like I'm never going to get my classroom set up or my lesson plans finished. You would think that I would feel better starting my second year of teaching, but since it's a new grade level and a new state, I'm feeling more than a little lost. I know things will get better/ easier soon but it sure is stressful currently. In any case, I'm throwing a little wedding planning your way to cheer myself up a little. And maybe eating ice cream for dinner...
A couple weeks ago I had my first dress fitting. I am so excited to say that my dress still fit, 9 months later, and was even too big. Now I have to make sure I stay this skinny until the wedding. Maybe ice cream isn't a great idea after all... In addition to my dress fitting, I also went "Mother of the Bride" dress shopping with my mommy! We had been doing lots of browsing online and had a pretty good idea of what we/she were/was looking for. I.e. Lace, short, and a neutral color, like black, gray, or a pale pink. We went to two stores and actually ended up finding the perfect dress for her to shine on my wedding day as well. I'm so excited about seeing her all done up when the big day gets here! (52 DAYS)
David's Bridal
David's Bridal
David's Bridal
Macy's
Adrianna Papell
Any idea which one of these dresses she ended up choosing? Or at least your favorite... Luckily, my favorite and her favorite happened to be the same dress. And it was the only MOB dress I had even pinned to my wedding Pinterest board. Which is clearly a big deal.
I can't wait to share more next week. Including our wedding invitations and my first bridal shower! But for now I'm leaving ya with
this checklist. I can't believe how small it has gotten!
Wedding Checklist
Set a date {09.20.14}
Book venue {The Cotton Warehouse}
Book photographer {George Street Photo & Video}
Book videographer {Hammond Studios}
Book DJ {Spectrum Entertainment}
Ask bridal party to be in wedding
Book caterer {Beyond Details}
Register {Pottery Barn & Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Target}
Book florist {JL Designs}
Buy wedding dress {David’s Bridal}
Book ceremony musician {Wedding Music Designs}
Have engagement party {10.12.13}
Take engagement pictures {01.20.14}
Select bridesmaid dresses {Formally Yours}
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire {Savvi Formalwear}
Book cake baker {Sugar Kneads Cakery}
Buy cake knife & server
Buy cake topper
Finalize guest list
Order save the dates {Oh Darling Paper}
Send save the dates
Book officiant
Book Photo Booth {Spectrum Entertainment}
MOB & MOG dress shopping
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
Find dress lingerie/garter
Book makeup artist & hair stylist
Hair & make up trial
1st dress fitting {07.17.2014}
2nd dress fitting {08.15.2014}
Order invitations
Mail invitations
Buy guestbook
Book rehearsal dinner venue
Buy Rehearsal Dinner dress
Order koozies for rehearsal dinner
Make & Paint Corn Horn Boards for RD
Buy bridal party gifts
Make bridal party gift tags
Bachelorette party {July 11-13, 2014}
Make DIY Décor for Reception (Vases/Signs/Etc.)
Purchase wedding band (Brad)
Get marriage license
Book transportation from reception to hotel
Book honeymoon & Get Passports
Rehearsal Dinner invitations
Buy Alcohol for Reception
Book Hotel for Night Before & Saturday Day (My Family & Bridal Party)
Music selections to DJ and ceremony artist
Book wedding night hotel room
Order thank you notes
Wedding Day - become Mr. & Mrs. B!!!
I love the first one and the last one! I am headed to find you on pinterest to figure out which one you went with :) I hope all your school stuff settles down soon! I know it will all come together perfectly!
ReplyDeleteI love the second dress and the last one for your mom...can't wait to see which one she picked!
ReplyDeleteYay, so close! I love the options your Mom chose - which was the winner?
ReplyDeleteAlso, eat the ice cream! You deserve it!
Good luck with your classroom :)
The first dress is my favorite! Which one did she choose? Good luck with your school year! My mom is a 6th grade teacher and started back this week also.
ReplyDeleteThe first and last are my favorites, but she looks great in all of them! Good luck with school, I'm starting my second year as well. We don't start in-service for a couple more weeks but I'm still in denial that summer is almost over.
ReplyDelete