FRIDAY:
We woke up early and went for a long run (at least for us) of about 4 miles. After our run, we came back for a brunch of waffles (I can't even begin to tell you how much I love waffles) and spent the rest of the day lounging around inside until mid-afternoon. Then we got ready to head down to Turner Field for the Braves vs. Diamondbacks game. This year, we bought a 6 game ticket package and this was our fifth game this year. We hadn't seen a win all year. So we were thrilled to finally watch the Braves win a game and get to see Craig Kimbrel close out the game. We stayed for the fireworks show, although we watched from the parking lot, and then headed back home because we were out way past our bedtime.
SATURDAY:
We woke up early again. Sadly, we can't sleep in. Ever. It's a curse. After waking up, we headed over to Stone Mountain to hike to the top. I have to say, with my short little legs, I felt more like I was climbing the mountain instead of hiking. It's about a mile to the top and a mile back down. I've been running way more than 2 miles at a time lately, but that straight up hike almost killed me. We also hiked around the Nature Garden Trail at Stone Mountain and dodged some poison ivy. Once we finished hiking, we treated ourselves to Chick-Fil-A (and boy was it delicious). We hadn't eaten fast food in over a month, which is a huge deal considering we ate it every day while living in the hotel. After some quick showers, we headed over to spend the day at the pool with Brad's friend and groomsman Ricky who has also recently gotten engaged. [So many weddings next year!] We treated ourselves again to Mexican food that night then curled up on the couch to watch a movie and go to bed early.
Weird how incredibly close Atlanta looks when you're on top of a mountain.
*Side note: We didn't get our wedding invitations sent out on Saturday like I had wanted. But they are going out this week. Our cat, Jules, and her baby, Nala, helped out a lot with our invites. I swear I found them like this and didn't pose them.*
SUNDAY:
When we woke up on Sunday, I did some quick cleaning and Brad went for another quick run. I swear I'm jealous of how fast he's losing weight and how slowly I am. Brad's mom came over to hang out at our apartment pool and we all cooked out hamburgers and brats together. Finally got to use the grill for the 4th of July weekend! She also brought over and ice cream cake for my birthday which is this Friday, but I won't be here because it's my bachelorette party weekend!! After all this terrible eating and lots of drinking, we will definitely be detoxing for the rest of the week.
I hope everyone else's holiday weekends were as much fun as mine! Sorry most of you had to go back to work while I'm still at home enjoying the last little bit of my summer vacation before going back to teaching :)
Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm definitely jealous of your braves game! We have tickets to see them in Seattle in August and I can't wait. My husband has never seen them win(i'm still not convinced he's not bad luck), so I'm hoping they win at least one of the two we go to! Happy 1 Year Engagement anniversary! I can't wait to see your wedding all come together!
ReplyDeleteOh that will be so fun! Brad and I made it a goal to travel to all 32 baseball stadiums and we have to make it to Seattle eventually. Have fun and I hope they win while you're there! And thanks :))
Delete