Wednesday, October 22, 2014

#blalockbash: Getting Ready Photos

Last week I shared a sneak peek of our wedding photos! Finding even just a few to share in that post was incredibly difficult. And that was with just the limited amount our photographer had shared. I'm so in love with our wedding photos it's bordering on obsession.

So, it just made sense that because I love so many of our photos, I was going to need to share them in stages.

The weekend of our wedding, my parents rented out two of the three rooms in a small hotel in downtown Monroe, Georgia where our wedding was held. After our rehearsal and dinner on Friday night, my parents, bridesmaids and both hair stylists set up camp in our hotel rooms at The Wayfarer. I think I got probably 2 to 3 hours of sleep that night. I can't even begin to express how excited I was.

I am a planner by nature and I had an hour by hour schedule of how my wedding day was supposed to unfold. We definitely stuck to the schedule and it helped to relive any stress that could have been had. I was super calm all day. We woke up early Saturday morning and snacked on the fruit, muffins, and lots of coffee that my mom had provided for my bridesmaid brunch. Then it was time for our hair and make up! We got ready entirely at the hotel and didn't change into our dresses until heading over to the venue.

I made sure to set out all my accessories for our photographers and forced everyone to clean up after themselves so that all our junk didn't take over my wedding photos. Luckily, all my bridesmaids are super sweet and no one seemed to mind helping to clean up. Now if only I had someone to make me beautiful like this every day!





The little cross on my garter belonged to my great great grandmother.
It was my something "old" for my wedding.
Then Brad accidentally removed both my garters and it got lost/misplaced.
Saddest moment of the wedding.





My wedding gift from Brad was this monogram necklace.
The plan was to wear this after the ceremony and during the reception.






Keeping up to date on all our wedding day social media.

Outdoor weddings in the Georgia heat require face setting spray.

___________________________________________

Photography: Addison & Kaytee @ George Street Photo & Video / Addison Hill Photo
Videography: Hammond Studios
Bridal Gown: Galina @ David’s Bridal
Shoes: DSW
Bridal Bracelet: David’s Bridal
Bridal Earrings: Charming Charlie
Hair Combs: Ulta
Bridal Hanger: Two Broads Design
Bridal Hair: Nichole Kendall
Bridal Make-Up: Amanda @ LACE Cosmetics
Bridesmaid Dresses: Bill Levkoff @ Formally Yours
Bridesmaid Hair: Kaylan Spell
Bridesmaid Shirts: The Stitching Hole
Bridesmaid Earrings: Walk on the Moon


Wedding Wednesday

P.S. This little blog finally got a makeover!
Whatcha think? Big things still to come.

8 comments :

  1. I LOVE your getting ready photos! We had issues with our photographer getting to where we were getting ready, I'm so sad I won't have these pictures! Love the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see all of your wedding pictures! And your makeover is coming along...it looks awesome. You do look so relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are so great! I am so sorry about that cross...I hope it turns up somewhere. :( I didn't wear my garter until the minute they did the toss. It was too big and kept slipping off my leg!

    Beardy Heart Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't have worn mine! Mine was a little too big also and I got so hot during our outdoor ceremony that it slipped right off my leg during our family pictures... Talk about embarrassing ;)

      Delete
  4. Awww!! I love everything! What a beautiful bride you were :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shot of the dress on the green barn door....love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these pictures are awesome!! I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the photos of you girls getting ready! Your dress is gorgeous and I love that you wore yellow shoes :)

    ReplyDelete