Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Musings

I'm so over this Monday. Even though the kids were out of school today, all of us teachers had to go into work for a Teacher Work Day. I normally love work days! This one was crazy busy and stressful. Between finalizing goals, entering personal development goals, applying for my Master's degree, cleaning my room, planning for the rest of the month, and about a zillion other things, I think I was busier today than I normally am teaching.

Thankfully, we at least had a relaxing weekend, mostly, leading up to this awful Monday.

We spent the weekend still taking care of a few grown up most dos, post wedding. Transferring my insurance so that I'm covered by Brad's. (Side note: Don't let anyone tell you that teachers have good insurance. Mine is awful! SOOO expensive and really covers nothing.) We also finally got off our parents's phone plans and officially have our own married, couples plan. Since I was switching carriers I had to get a new phone. Brad contends that I'm the only person in the whole world who doesn't want the new iPhone 6, but that thing is gigantic and I'm perfectly happy with my new gold iPhone 5S.

We did finally get to try Sunday Suppers at the Gwinnett Braves stadium though! In June, we moved into an apartment complex near the Gwinnett Braves stadium and ever since baseball season ended, they have had food trucks every Sunday afternoon. We kept mentioning that we wanted to try the food trucks and we finally did yesterday!

I had the Buffalo Mac & Cheese and Brad has the BBQ Mac from Mac the Cheese. Brad also tried a Bulldog hot dog from The Pup Truck. It was delicious! I'm thinking this may become our new Sunday tradition. Which means we should also probably pick back up our daily tradition of running...


Buffalo Mac from Mac the Cheese truck

 Gotcha...
Brad's half finished BBQ Mac from Mac the Cheese & Bulldog from The Pup Truck

We ended our weekend with a delicious dinner in the cast iron skillet we received as a wedding gift. We almost burnt down our entire apartment after the olive oil smoked so much we ended up having to unplug our smoke detector and eat outside because our eyes were watering so much... But it was worth it for our awesome steaks. And we learned the valuable lesson of using another type of oil.

Oh, and just FYI, I have like 2/3 of that steak left. It was a monster.

This was our last lazy weekend for a while. Since we postponed our honeymoon, it has been so nice to have nothing to do on the weekends during this first month of marriage.

3 comments :

  1. I had that mac & cheese on food truck Friday at Suwanee park! It was soooo good! I didn't know about Sunday Suppers we will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I keep meaning to go to the food trucks in Suwanee too! Sunday Suppers is great, it's from 12-6, every Sunday. You'll definitely have to try it! :)

      Delete
  2. That mac & cheese from the food truck looks amazing! Food trucks always have the best food.

    ReplyDelete