Forgive me for getting this post up late on a Tuesday... We officially celebrated one month of marriage yesterday and I think I gained back all the weight I lost in one night after our date and dinner out. Gotta say, I loved my first official date with a married man :)
This past Saturday morning, we got up super early and drove to the other side of Atlanta for a 5K run. It has been my resolution this year to run 12 races in 12 months. I did really well until July and then slacked off until this month. I now have to run 5 races in the next 2 1/2 months... Yikes.
The race we ran this past weekend was The Bacon Run. The only 5Ks I can get Brad to run with me are races that involve food. Even though we both enjoy running, Brad normally refuses to pay to run something he could run on his own. The race was at Jim R. Miller Park (where the fair typically is in Marietta) and it was great! After we ran we got tons of bacon, Zaxby's nibblers, doughnuts, and other snacks for finishing. Our times were not that great (that's what happens when you take your wedding month off of running...) but we had fun! We also couldn't eat after the race, so we took all our goodies home to eat for lunch while we were getting ready for my cousin's wedding.
Obviously I finished before Brad, since I snapped this picture :)
The couple that runs together stay together.
Or something like that.
My cousin got married on Saturday and it was a gorgeous, fall day for a wedding. It actually got a little chilly here in Georgia. They wanted a small, "country' wedding and while their wedding definitely wasn't our style, it was pretty!
We sat on bales of hay and all the bridesmaids wore cowboy boots. I think know I was the only one in heels. What can I say, I don't own boots...
My other cousin's two children (the bride's niece and nephew) served as ring bearer and flower girl. Her little tutu dress was adorable.
My sister was a bridesmaid and I kept making faces at her while she stood up with our cousin.
She was not happy that she had to keep turning away and laughing.
I'm obviously awful.
Brad said my dress looked like a mumu. Rude.
I'm always thankful for weekends that don't include laying on the couch watching football or Fantasy Football NOW for hours on end. I hope my husband isn't the only one that does this?...






The Bacon Run sounds fun! I think your dress is super cute...does not look like a mumu :)
ReplyDelete