Friday, July 19, 2013

5 on Friday


I'm linking up again for 5 on Friday. Big surprise there, in my currently super uneventful life this is a pretty standard post for me. Although this has been a super laid back week, I have managed to come up with 5 things I'm absolutely loving/wanting this week.
 
1.
A Great Eye Cream
 
So, this is actually more of a want. I am in desperate need of an eye cream that fights dark circles. I honestly think I have been battling these since the day I came out of the womb. I can actually remember being in 1st or 2nd Grade and boys asking me why my eyes were so dark (kids can be so mean). I've been researching and found some pretty highly recommended ones. Unfortunately, they're also super expensive. Being unemployed and having received my last paycheck in May (seriously, if anyone knows anyone hiring in Greenville, SC I could use to hear about it), I need a less expensive option. I also have super sensitive skin and have to buy products that won't cause breaks outs (i.e. I always use Almay, just standard drugstore make up, because it's the one thing I've found that works for my skin). Recommendations are highly appreciated. 
 
2.
Wedding Planning Notebook
 
I had all the best intentions to make a notebook to keep up with everything, but after researching those I found that most cost more than buying one. After my educator's discount card and a gift card at Barnes and Noble, I got my Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner for virtually nothing. I'm loving it right now, but I also haven't started any serious wedding planning yet. We will see how I feel about it once that finally starts.
 
3.
Bridesmaids
 
When Brad and I book a venue, which will hopefully be soon as we are going on 3 tours next weekend, I plan on asking my bridesmaids to be in our wedding. I've been looking around for cute, creative ways to ask and I'm really loving the ideas of koozies and those cute little poems that go with them. I haven't decided on anything just yet, but I think this idea is absolutely adorable.
 
4.
Return of My Fiancé
 
Brad is coming home today! It was such a bummer when on our last day of vacation he got a call from his company's regional manager asking him to travel to Columbia, SC this week. We were back home for less than 12 hours when Brad had to pack up again to go traveling. I have definitely missed him being here this week, but it was definitely a welcome break to be able to clean up and actually keep things clean (that boy is messy). Plus with him gone, our little kitty, Jules, gave me all her lovin' and didn't split it between us. 


She's always so sleepy.
There are definitely some days when I wish I could sleep as much as my cat.
 
5.
Meeting Hudson
 
As mentioned, we finally get to meet our new little nephew this weekend! I am so excited to meet him. However, I'm currently torn between bringing him a gift (which I think is pretty customary when you go see a baby at the hospital, we're just seeing him for the first time at home) and not bringing him a gift. We have already given him quite a bit and I'm worried that we might be at the point of giving too much. Is that possible? I may just wait to see, I think providing dinner or helping clean/tidy up whatever will probably be more valuable at this point considering they're already pretty set as far as baby supplies. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures after our trip home this weekend.


2 comments :

  1. I love that idea for asking your bridesmaids, too cute! And as far as #5 goes my sister-in-law just had a baby and she said the best thing was her Mom doing a load of laundry, bringing food and doing dishes! Congrats on the new nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog from 5 on Friday (yes, i'm a few days late), but I love all these! Me and my fiance just got engaged last month and we live in CA but are looking to get married in North Carolina (his fam is all in NC and SC). I'm excited I found your blog so I can follow your wedding planning journey, too! Have fun looking at venues this weekend!

    p.s. I became an aunt last summer, he'll be 1 next month, it's the best thing ever, but time FLYS, embrace every moment :)

    ReplyDelete