Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Venue Tours

I am so excited for my upcoming weekend. I feel like it's the first step to officially beginning our wedding planning. Last week when I was stuck at home alone I did a lot of research for the wedding (venues, photographers, cake bakers, etc.) and found out, or basically confirmed, that we really can't do anything until we book a venue.

Besides deciding on a date for our wedding (hopefully September 20 or 27, 2014) we really haven't done too much. That all changes this weekend. I have booked tours at three wedding venues for this Saturday and bribed Brad into going to the Georgia Bridal Show (all it took were promises of food and cake samples) on Sunday. I am beyond excited although I can't say the same for my fiance. He doesn't understand why we need to start planning already when we aren't getting married until next year. Apparently, he doesn't believe me that things book up this quickly. Ladies, any tips on getting your fiance more involved in the wedding planning?

We are thinking of doing a rustic wedding, not the traditional black-tie, and hopefully one of the venues we tour will be perfect for us. I'd like to tour at least one other venue but cannot get anyone to return my e-mails or phone calls which totally turns me off from having our wedding there - you'd think they would realize that. Oh well, the three we are going to see seem wonderful:

Woodstock, GA

Monroe, GA
 
Porterdale, GA
(I think this one may be a little too far away, but it's owned by the same company as The Cotton Warehouse and booking one tour gave us the opportunity to see both. We may end up not seeing this one as it is quite a drive, especially for my family.)


Chits and Giggles

8 comments :

  1. You will not regret going to that show, sign up for everything! I went to the one in Athens, signed up for every giveaway I could find. and ended up winning a free WEDDING PLANNER, a spa day and some cookware! As far as getting the fiancé involved my suggestion is give your guy specific tasks. My husband was in charge of the honeymoon and the cake, those were all up to him and he did great. He also helped with the diy stuff along the way. And idk how far North you want to go but a few other great venues are Kellum Valley Farms (Cleveland), The Barn At Price Mountain (Pendergrass) and The Barn At Oakleaf Farm (Madison). Happy wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each of these venues looks amazing! I especially love the Cotton Warehouse. So exciting to go see them all. I totally can relate on researching vendors only to realize you can't even get a quote until you know the venue/date, kind of frustrating but just makes the excitement of getting the venue and booking it all more special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is my favorite too! I'm hoping it's as pretty in person as it is in all the pictures.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome that he's going with you to the show! You might want to use a new wedding-only email address for all of the sign-ups, though. I made the mistake of using my personal one at an expo and wow did I get pummeled with tons of vendor emails! Happy vendor hunting! Good luck and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is so exciting! I love finding more 2014 brides! And finding a venue is a huge step in the process. I personally sort of knew what I wanted, so it made it easier. I have yet to go a show or anything like that...so good luck with that! Haha!! Thanks so much for linking up with us today!

    Are you a GA bride?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. My fiance and I are both from GA but now we live in SC. So we're getting married back home where all our family is. I'll let you know if the show is any good - I have a feeling it will just be super overwhelming, ha!

      Delete
    2. Ooh that is so exciting! If you don't end up loving The Cotton Warehouse (I have photographer pictures from there if you want to see them), I have a venue in the North GA mountains that is uber rustic. Just saying. I love GA!

      Delete
  5. Oooh so exciting girly!!!! My wedding is in 22 days!! Eeek!!
    Hope you stop by and follow along! :)
    www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete