Well sort of... I had mentioned earlier that Brad's sister and my future sister-in-law, Allison, was pregnant. She was due on August 8, 2013 - which is exactly 3 weeks from today. However, she's had a lot of problems with high blood pressure and after last week's doctor's appointment, she was put on bed rest until this past Monday when she had to go back into the doctor for her weekly appointment. Her doctors decided her blood pressure just wasn't going down and decided to admit her to the hospital. Long story short, little baby Hudson made his entrance to the world yesterday morning! (Side note - every single person in that family, Allison, her husband Trae, and the baby were born on the 17th, what are the chances?)
I wish they would've sent us one with his eyes open and mouth showing!
I'm having a super hard time seeing what he looks like.
I have to admit that I'm super jealous they decided on the name Hudson. I absolutely love the name - in fact, I always thought I would name my future son that. Brad isn't a huge fan of the name though so I guess it's better that they used it. Unfortunately Brad and I are not going to be able to see them while Allison is still in the hospital. We live in SC and they live in GA. On top of that, Brad is actually traveling this week for work and won't be back until late Friday evening. Brad and I both come from incredibly close families and even though he hasn't said anything I know a huge part of his heart is breaking that he couldn't be there for his sister and his new little nephew.
Brad and I are going back home Friday night to visit for the weekend and finally meet the baby. He's convinced that we will go see them Friday night. He may need some convincing that visiting a new baby at 9 o'clock at night on his first day home is probably not the best idea. I can't wait to meet him though. It will be several years before Brad and I start our own family and I sincerely hope that I won't be a blood-related aunt any time soon (my little sister is only 18). Until that time comes, Hudson will have to do. I know we are going to spoil him rotten and will probably make many frequent trips back to GA now that we've got a precious little nephew to see.
No comments :
Post a Comment