Monday, July 8, 2013

Holiday Weekend Recap

Brad and I are still hitting the beach this week for our long vacation. Normally he and I are getting ready to go out right about now - we are total beach bums. However, he's out playing golf and I am more than a little sunburned so I thought I would take the time to update you on our 4th of July weekend before lathering up in sunscreen.

Besides getting engaged, we have done lots of fun things this weekend. Most of them involve stuffing ourselves with delicious food or taking long walks on the beaches in the morning. Nothing too eventful but it works for us. We are still at the beach until this Saturday, although since we are leaving that day, I guess our last full day is Friday. I know I'm definitely not ready to leave the beach, I think Brad and I will live here eventually, but it will be nice to get back to the real world where Brad and I can start planning our wedding. Our full engagement story will makes it appearance here eventually.

What I have been doing pretty much every day, all day.
Don't worry, I wear plenty of sun screen.

 
Beach Walks
 
On one of our long morning walks, we walked to one of the parks on the bay.
Brad says you can see dolphins here all the time but, unfortunately, we didn't see any that day.

 
What we did see though, look closely, were two jellyfish. Once the waves took them off the beach they completely disappeared in the water. I had never seen a real jellyfish before and this definitely made me a little nervous about getting back in the ocean!
 
Yumm...
Last night, we tried an ice cream shop called Sub Zero. Talk about delicious (and probably so fattening). When you go into the shop to order you choose your base (ice cream, custard, yogurt, low-fat, vegan - they had everything) and then you can add a flavoring and mix-ins or order one of their pre-created flavors, which is what Brad and I did.
 

                     
As you're telling them what you're choosing they're putting everything in a large metal bowl. At the very end, they blast your mixture with liquid nitrogen and stir super fast so that it freezes your ice cream on contact. So neat, and the ice cream stays frozen even in the muggy Florida heat.

 
 
I cannot wait to see what the rest of our vacation holds. It has been so wonderful so far, especially now that we have a whole lifetime of vacations awaiting us.

No comments :

Post a Comment