Tuesday, July 23, 2013

(Less Than) 24 Hours Back Home

Yesterday was my friend and sorority sister Emma's 23rd birthday. I hadn't seen her in probably a good 5-6 months but we talk pretty frequently and since I'm currently in the midst of deciding who I would like to ask to be a bridesmaid, I knew I needed to go back home for Emma's birthday. I hope that didn't sound too shallow, I would have gone back home to see Emma even if I hadn't just gotten engaged. There that's better.

Brad and I had some things we needed to do back in Greenville so even though we were just back in GA on Sunday, I decided to drive back with him to SC and then drive back home again yesterday in time for Emma's birthday dinner. I met up with Emma and several of her friends (many of whom are really close friends/sisters of mine, so seeing all of them too was fabulous) at Taco Mac for dinner last night. As Emma put it, "it wasn't Buckhead or a party, but we've all got stuff to do now anyway". I guess that means we're truly growing up when we're celebrating our birthdays with dinners instead of parties. After an awesome night of great friends, good food, and a sleepover at my parents' house, I packed up and headed back home to SC this morning.

P.S. If you've never tasted the gift from Heaven that is Taco Mac you should find one and chow down right away (don't skip the Chips & Queso). They're based in Atlanta and you can visit the original in the Virginia Highlands neighborhood. We were fortunate enough to have one when we lived in Charlotte. Sadly, T-Mac hasn't made it's appearance in South Carolina yet.

Me and Emma


(L to R: Me, Emma, and Katie)

Me and Danielle
 
Basically, what all these pictures tell me is that I really need to invest in an actual, reliable camera (not just the camera from the iPhone 3 that I'm still rockin').


3 comments :

  1. Does Emma's last name start with a S?? If so I went to high school with her! Small world! (I know her full last name I just didn't want to throw it out into the blogosphere lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find another Greenville blogger!!! Taco Macs sounds goooood we need that here!

    ReplyDelete