1.
Eye Products
So, I finally started an eye care routine. I'm only 23 and I really feel like I'm getting wrinkles already (gasp)! I really wanted to find a good eye cream to fight those wrinkles and hopefully my chronic dark circles. So last weekend I picked up two products that seem to be working out alright. Did I research these products before buying them? No. Did I ask for the opinions of my friends? No. Did I look for what was cheapest at Wal-Mart? Yes. Luckily, these products are working pretty a'okay for being so cheap. I really feel like my wrinkles have diminished over the last week. My concealer goes on smoother and doesn't crease during the day. Unfortunately my dark circles have gone nowhere but I don't really think that was the intent of these products. I'm going to keep using them and then I'll decide if I need to make a serious investment in heavy-duty eye creams.
2.
Registering
Tomorrow morning, Brad and I are going to start our wedding registry! I'm so excited. I've started a little one at Pottery Barn, without Brad's help... Is this wrong? I don't think so, it's just a few items that are downright awesome. However, we are starting a real one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond tomorrow. This will be our first real registry and I can't wait for the gifts to start rolling in (Kidding! A little...). We're stuck in a tricky situation though. We've lived together for the last year or so and have many things that most couples would need to start a life together. I'm not sure if we should register with the intent of living in a house one day (which will hopefully happen soon) or only register for what we actually need. This wouldn't be such a big deal if the ladies in Brad's family weren't known for throwing lavish bridal/baby showers. Suggestions?
3.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
I know, I'm a little late on this, but I had my first PSL of the season yesterday afternoon (at 4:30 PM after work, I never drink coffee that late, must've been a serious craving.) And my goodness if it wasn't the best I've ever had. It probably was just my taste buds giving into a craving they've had since last November, but it sure tasted delicious. Fall is coming y'all and I'm ecstatic.
4.
Alabama/ Texas A & M
Even though I'm from Georgia, I'm a die hard Alabama fan. I'm not a bandwagon fan at all. I went to my first Bama game during our fabulous season where we (yes, I consider myself part of the team) went 4-9 and watched my team almost lose to Kentucky. I cried when we lost to Tennessee in 5 overtimes (that was a bit much). I almost went to UA for college but then the economy crashed (yay, graduating in 2008) and my dad who is a building engineer got furloughed to 4 days a week and I stayed at home for college locally. I still yell "Give 'em hell, Alabama" before each game from my couch though and don't mind at all that my Crimson Tide has won 3 out of 4 National Championship games. Anyway, this weekend is the much anticipated rematch of Alabama and Texas A & M (the only team that beat Bama last year). Here's hoping for a win because I'd sincerely like to punch Johnny Manziel in the face. He's such a jerk.
5.
The Mindy Project
Friday means we are only 4 days away from the Season 2 Premiere of "The Mindy Project". (You can watch it early on Hulu Plus). If you haven't seen this show yet, you need to stop reading right now and sign up for Hulu if you don't have it. I'm serious, STOP! Your life is not complete without this show. I'm currently rewatching the first season in anticipation for this next season (yes, I've already seen the first season in it's entirety). I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. Like in tears laughing (the episodes after Shauna leaves are the best). I want to be best friends with Mindy Kaling. I really think we'd hit it off. If you've never heard of it, it's basically the story of Dr. Mindy Lahiri, gynecologist (Mindy Kaling) and her shenanigans, both professionally and personally. This would probably be my life if I hadn't already found the love of my life. If you're wanting to watch this but don't have Hulu, you can catch the Season 2 Premiere on September 17th at 9:30 PM on Fox, right after "New Girl" another one of my favs. And if you've been blessed to have seen this already, I know I can't be the only one who wants Mindy and Danny to get married. I'd also like to have Dr. Daniel Castellano as my gynecologist in real life.




As far as registering goes, zap that little gun til you drop! We weren't living together and didn't have any idea where we were going to live when we registered (yay for husband losing his job 5 months before the wedding) and I just kept it to what we needed. When we moved into our house there were so many things we were missing. I also tried to keep everything on the cheap side because I didn't want people to think I expected big things and people complained about it! I had several people call me and ask what I really needed because they didn't want to buy the cheap stuff. Moral of the story if you want/need it SCAN IT!
ReplyDeleteI couldnt live without my pumpkin spice! #obsessed
ReplyDeleteFound you on the link up :)!
http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com
XOXO Bunnie
Registering is like pre-gaming before your wedding- go big or go home! Have fun picking out the items that you will be using as you start the next chapter in your life :)
ReplyDeleteWhitney @ work-it-mommy.blogspot.com
I love a PSL and I cannot wait till the new season of the Mindy Project! Great Friday Five!
ReplyDeleteLauren,
http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/