Friday, September 27, 2013

Five on Friday

Time for my favorite link up, Five on Friday. Link up, here.
Officially worst intro, ever.
Oh well, you knew Five on Friday was coming anyway :)
 
1.
 World Market Frames
 
I'm loving this cute little frame I bought at World Market this week (the horizontal frame). Our bedroom definitely doesn't have anything dainty in it. No way Brad was having that. I was still able to incorporate some metallics and some glittery finishes but don't expect any florals or pastel colors to ever decorate our boudoir. However, this frame gives the perfect touch of feminity without being overly feminine. Maybe I'll do an apartment tour one of these days, if I ever finish decorating.
 
2.
Post Season
 
In case you missed it, the Braves were this year's NL-East Division Champs! For the first time since 2005... We are buying tickets for the NLCS (the series that determines which of the two best teams in the National Division will go to the World Series, for those of you who need that) and I am so excited! (This should come as no surprise considering how much my fiance loves baseball.) Assuming the Braves make it to the NLCS that is. They still have to win their NLDS series and our opponent hasn't been determined yet until the season is over (which will be this Sunday). The true fan in me wants to believe we're going to the 'ship (aka World Series), but the realist in me can safely assume the Braves will blow it. Especially based on our last month of play. Keep your fingers crossed we're actually buying those tickets.
 
And just for fun, let's throw it back to my first love and inspirer of all my future baseball player crushes,
former Braves catcher,  Javy López.
You're welcome.
 
3.
This Video
 
I have no doubt that I will cry on my wedding day. But I don't think it's because I'm marrying Brad. Shocker, right? The idea of marrying Brad and spending our lives together makes me so happy. I cannot wait to be his wife and it definitely makes me tear up with a few tears of joy when I think about (so yeah, I probably will cry when it actually happens. I really hope not though. I don't want any ugly cryin' on my wedding day). The real reason I think I'll be crying is because of my father. I have been/am so blessed to have the best Daddy (yes, I still call him that). He has taught me so much about being a geniunely good person. He is an incredibly hard worker, who always puts others first. He has quite literally fought for my life, or at least my quality of life (long story, maybe I'll share some day). And he taught me that's it's okay for boys to cry and to show emotion and to love (God, family, etc.) like it's the most important thing in the world, because it is. We didn't always get along, I think because we are too much alike, but we do now and saying "goodbye" to my daddy on my wedding day breaks my heart, but that's the way it's supposed to be. It's not supposed to be like this though. For two girls who won't get to experience having their daddy walk them down the aisle on their wedding days (he was dying of cancer at the time of the video), their incredible daddy improvised and surprised them with the experience even though it wasn't their wedding day. If you haven't seen this video, which I just discovered this week, you'll need a box of tissues.

 
4.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
 
Made this on Monday and it is fabulous. There are no words to describe how tasty it is. I'm doing a whole post on this soon, that's how good this dip is. But if you feel like you need to make it, oh, I don't know, now. Here's the link
 
5.
Fall Toes
 
It's still warm enough to wear sandals here, but since it's officially Fall, I'm changing to Fall nail polishes. I'm currently wearing Twin Sweater Set by Essie on my toes. When I first painted them this color I wasn't so sure about it. But it's really growing on me. It's a deep crimson red color and is perfect for the first few weeks of Fall.
 
Go link up your Friday Favs!
 

4 comments :

  1. I have seen that video floating around and just cannot bring myself to watch it. That dip looks heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I watched it without the sound and still couldn't watch the whole thing. It is just too much.

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE those frames. And, that video sounds so sweet but I just can't watch it. I just did my makeup! Can't handle that right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dip looks amazing! Can't wait for your follow-up post!
    Amy @ http://www.thegiftedgabber.com/

    ReplyDelete