I really wish I had more pictures for this post. Being hours from my family means I don't have too much access to baby pictures or young childhood pictures but I'll do the best I can.
Here we go, I was born in Atlanta, Georgia on July 11, 1990. Immediately following this, my parents (mom and dad) took me home to our house in Canton, Georgia which is a suburb about 30 minutes north of Atlanta. I lived in this house every day of my life until I went to college. I feel like this is pretty special, most people I know moved several times when they were little, my parents definitely did, maybe that's why that wanted us to stay in one spot.
Anyway, almost exactly 4 years after I was born, my little sister Alexis joined us on July 29, 1994. We definitely grew up best friends, despite the fact that I definitely didn't like her when she was born. She's actually the reason that I wanted to become a teacher! But that's a story for a different day.
I feel like I had a pretty normal childhood and a very fortunate one. My parents are still married and have been for 26 years. They took us to church and raised us with morals and rules that were definitely rooted in church and the Bible (I think this a typical deep South, Bible Belt upbringing, or at least it used to be). They always made sure that we were able to do the things we wanted, like vacations or participating in sports (I was a gymnast and cheerleader), and we are all very close.
My Junior Prom
Check out that poof, and that was even before "Jersey Shore"
My family on vacation together.
My sister and I, 2010
My first college dorm room, too bad it only lasted one semester.
I think this was the first picture taken of Brad and I.
My recruitment group during Sorority Rush.
So there I am in a nut shell. I really feel like my parents, family members, friends, and even growing up in the South helped make me who I am and I couldn't describe where I come from without including them. Can't wait to get back to them all one day.







No comments :
Post a Comment