So, I guess I'm girly on a budget? One thing that I've never been into though is nail polish. My toenails are almost always painted but my fingernails NEVER are. I think it's because I suck at painting my nails. Even my toes looks like I let my cat paint them when I'm finished. And those are supposed to be the easiest. I end up scrubbing the extra polish off my skin just so I look presentable. And if that's what my toes look like you should see my fingernails when I'm done. It's embarrassing. But I started thinking that part of the reason my fingernails look so bad is because I have a terrible habit of biting my nails. This habit has gotten a lot better since I got engaged and have this pretty ring to show off but it still continues. The one thing that keeps me from biting my nails is having them painted, but I'm terrible at painting my nails. It's a vicious cycle.
That's got to come to an end. So I'm finally giving in and stocking up on nail polish. The new fall colors are coming out and they're so pretty. I love basically every color Essie makes but have always been too cheap to buy them. I guess now that I'm a grown up that's got to change. Like I tell Brad, being beautiful is expensive :) I'll let you know all about my beauty purchases soon...
For now, here are my current go-tos, all 4 of them (for when I do paint my nails):
"Raisin the Bar" by Sally Hansen
Great for fall, it's a chocolate-mauve and has just the right amount of shine.
"Free Fall" by Pure ICE
This stuff is cheap y'all. But works pretty nicely for the price.
This was definitely my go-to for the summer.
"Spice Things Up" by L'Oreal
I LOVE this color. It's perfect for fall and goes on so smoothly.
(P.S. Think this girl's nails are long enough?)
"Sorbet" by Sally Hansen
I break this out every spring.
It's peachy and light and is also perfect for the work place.




I like that Free Fall color. Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI Pink i Love You
Oh I love the Sorbet, so pretty! I used to hate doing my nails, but then I started to buy the "top coat" (sally hansen or Essie make really good ones) and it makes SUCH a difference. It's like you got them done at the salon, and they're so much shinier! oh the little things...
ReplyDelete