Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: How I Asked My Bridesmaids

I have been dying to post this for what feels like forever. I finally have a bridal party! I knew that I wanted to come up with a cute and creative way of asking and provide with them with a little gift since goodness knows they'll be providing a lot for me over the next year. I mentioned a while ago that I really loved this idea. I too loved the idea of sending those cute wine bottles with the fancy little labels but considering all my bridesmaids live in Georgia, I knew wine would be expensive and fragile to ship. I really didn't want to wait to see them in person because I wanted to surprise them with my asking. Enter my take on the above idea (link).

 



The finished product. Cute right?
 
Our wedding colors are gray and yellow so I knew that I wanted their koozies to reflect this. Now every time they use their koozies it'll remind them of me and what a blessing it is to have them in my lives. Right? Hopefully... In reality they'll probably just be happy to have another koozie. I also wanted the patterns/fonts on their koozies to reflect their individual personalities and tastes. That's why they're all different!
 
Alice at Happy Thoughts Gifts Etsy Shop made these perfect koozies for me. She was such a pleasure to work with. She provided me with proofs of the koozies before printing them up and responded to all my e-mails almost right away. I definitely recommend working with Alice. She's great!

 
 
 
To top off my little koozies, I included a poem. All I needed for this was printer paper, some card stock, and tulle ribbon. I already had the printer paper and I got the card stock (4 sheets, but I only ended up using 2) and ribbon 50% off at Hobby Lobby for a grand total of like $3.46, pretty thrifty.

 
The Poem:
"As I prepare for the day I am to be a bride,
it would mean the world to me to have you
sipping by my side."
 
"Will you be my (Bridesmaid/Maid of Honor)?"
 


I know that if y'all have Pinterest you've definitely seen this idea floating around and not just in the form that I linked above. I may not have been original, but I know my bridesmaids really appreciate the thought. Even more so, I really appreciate them and wanted to show it! My only regret is that I didn't get one of these koozies for myself!
 
P.S. How cute are their replies once they got their gifts! I promise we aren't alcoholics, y'all. One bridesmaid works at a country club and has been saving wine bottles from her events for me to use as vases in my wedding. Another bridesmaid is saving bottle caps to use for a custom bar top. Excuses, excuses...
 
 
 
 

 
 
Chits and Giggles

6 comments :

  1. So cute!! I saw Kayla's reply on FB and thought it was adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! so funny, I posted about the same thing today :) such a cute idea. Love the koozies...might need to do those as part of my gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww these are so cute! I love this idea. And the responses are just amazing!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these gifts! I think they're adorable and being monogrammed think they should love them. But I have to say I'm even more impressed with your bridesmaids responses, although mainly that's partly because all I received back from my bridesmaids was a phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww how cute! I love how they responded!!!

    ReplyDelete