Today I'm linking up again for 5 on Friday. I missed last week (and almost missed this week) so I'm excited to share everything I'm loving and read all about your favorites too :)
1.
Working
Yesterday was my first day at my new job. It's not teaching (which I'd very much rather be doing) but it is fun and keeps me from sitting at home and being bored during the day. Plus everyone seems really nice. Since my job is checking finished work and putting together orders I've seen so many products that I've never even noticed Marley Lilly had before, like this pullover. Y'all it is SO soft. I could live in it.
2.
San Pellegrino Aranciata
I recently discovered this at the grocery store this week. One of my teacher friends used to drink it all the time and she always talked about how delicious it is. I was always too afraid to try it because I was worried that it would taste like Lacroix Sparkling Water, which is just about awful. However, I finally realized San Pellegrino's is a sparkling fruit beverage and not just sparkling water. It has calories but it is delicious. This one is like the best orange juice you'll ever taste and would make for one heck of a Mimosa or Screwdriver.
3.
Weeknight Dates
Brad and I have been out of town every weekend since June 14. It's ridiculous. Between his cousin's wedding, our nephew being born, vacation, wedding planning, etc. we have been super busy. I'm not complaining, I've enjoyed everything we've been doing this summer but because we've been so busy, we haven't had a lot of time for our weekly date night(s). We have been wanting to go to the movies for a while now and we finally decided to have a weeknight date this week. On Tuesday we went to see Grown Ups 2 (I really liked the first one, but honestly I'd wait for this one on Redbox, Brad liked but I wasn't a huge fan) and ate popcorn for dinner. I know that's terrible but I really enjoyed our date! Next time we'll choose a healthier dinner but I'm so glad date night is back, even if it's during the week.
4.
Wine Travel Cups
Wednesday was my best friend Katie's birthday. I haven't missed spending a birthday with her since we first met 4 years ago. But I missed this birthday. I felt horrible, but I know she understands. Greenville to Atlanta is quite a drive, especially when you're starting your first day of work the day after. Anyway, I may not have gotten to go to her birthday dinner, but I did get her a pretty nifty present. A wine travel tumbler (not for drinking and driving sillies, for taking your wine to the pool or whatever). I love the way it turned out and can't wait to give it to her. I've got to say though, if we had the same monogram I may keep this for myself. You can get one here from Charleston Monograms. Thanks, Etsy!
5.
Housewarming Party
This weekend, Brad and I are going out of town (surprise!) and back to Georgia for our friends' Rachel & Jay's housewarming party. They recently bought a new house and I can't wait to see it. Brad and Jay became friends while they were playing baseball in college and Jay and Rachel got married last summer. I know Jay pretty well but I'm excited to get to know Rachel more. Unfortunately we haven't seen them since Brad was in their wedding (the troubles of living far away from your friends) so we should have lots of catching up to do!



congrats on starting your new job! And omg those sparkling peligrino drinks are my downfall. My favorite is the blood orange one, so so yummy and you're right, they make the best mixed drinks!
ReplyDeleteYes, congrats on your new job!! And sign me up for a wine travel cup --- those seem perfect! So glad you joined the link-up this past week! :))
ReplyDelete