FRIDAY:
After I left work Friday afternoon I headed to Kayla's house for girls' night with our other friend Katie (I previously mentioned this here). We ordered a pizza, split a couple bottles of wine, and ate way too many cookies. We planned on watching movies but when you haven't seen your friends in a long time, you really just pause the movie and talk instead. I stayed up later than I have in years. But unfortunately was the first to fall asleep since I had to be up early to get the oil changed in my car (bummer). Totally loved our little sleepover.
How cute is Kayla's little house? We call it The Barn.
One of her roommates' cat, Lilly. Too cute.
I'd so be a cat lady if I weren't getting married.
Best way to spend a girls' night: Pizza & Wine
SATURDAY:
After my sleepover Friday night I was exhausted, but of course, when I'm home visiting there's never any time for a nap. After my oil change and tire rotation Saturday morning, I had to quick get ready for my cousin's daughter Kaylee's 1st birthday. She was just the cutest. She straight devoured her cake. I was super impressed because she is SO tiny.
I didn't get to stay at Kaylee's party very long because I had to drive to Brad's sister's house so that we could all have dinner together. Brad and I went to eat Mexican with his sister Allison and her husband Trae plus our little nephew Hudson. Saturday was Hudson's 1 month birthday, so it was finally time to take him out in public. He was SO good! He just slept the entire time we were eating dinner, which was a huge shock considering he cried basically the entire time we were at their house before dinner. Apparently he hasn't been feeling good, poor thing. I have to brag though that the only time he wasn't crying was when I was holding him. I got to hold him for like 45 minutes and he was the best for me! I also loved catching Brad staring at me while I was with Hudson. I'm always looking at him when he's got the baby because it makes me excited for what a great daddy he'll be one day. And it's so fun catching him doing the same thing.
On the way back from dinner we got to ride in the back on either side of our little nephew.
So of course we took turns giving him kisses and taking pictures.
If you're wondering whose hairy arm that is in the first picture, unfortunately that's mine!
I wish I were perfect, but, alas, I'm not. My arms aren't super hairy but the hair I've got is super dark!
And if you're wondering why I don't shave/wax them,
the only thing grosser to me than hairy arms on girls is arm stubble.
So I've embraced it and fortunately I found a boy who doesn't mind so much :)
SUNDAY:
Sunday afternoon Brad and I had to drive to our catering tasting for our wedding! Our venue is making us use their caterer, but fortunately the food was fabulous! I had so much delicious food and was so surprised at the types of food Brad actually liked! There may be hope for him yet. I feel so lucky to have our menu picked out already, now there are really only two more huge things that we want to reserve already (photography and DJ).
Speaking of photography, after our catering tasting we had a photography consultation with a potential wedding photographer. We had already had another consult previously, but that was a phone consult because that photographer wasn't available the weekend we were in town. It was so nice to meet this photographer in person and now we just have to decide between the two...
I hope y'all all had fabulous weekends too and hopefully yours didn't involve ask much driving as mine did. I cannot wait for our cozy weekend at home this week!


Her house is adorable and don't worry I am a fellow hairy-arm girl and I refuse to shave. I am right there with you on the girl stubble!
ReplyDelete