Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Pictures Worth a Thousand Words...

... And thousands of dollars too. It's official we booked our photographer! This is the one aspect of the wedding that I was really willing to spend money on. Even so, the package we selected was $2500 and includes an engagement session, a wedding album, a second photographer, and we get every single picture back that is taken at our wedding. Granted, not every picture will be edited (the photographer selects around 100 pictures to edit) but they will all be color corrected. We were really able to save a lot of money because we decided to go with a large national wedding photography company.

You're probably cringing if you know anything about what this means. That's right... we haven't met our photographer yet. You're probably thinking I'm crazy for choosing to go this route. But it was honestly a very personal experience. We choose George Street Photography & Videography and they have been absolutely amazing to work with. Everyone in their company has a specific role to play and they do a really good job of helping you pick a photographer based on your photo preferences (There's even an online quiz to take that pinpoints your photography style preference. Our's was Romantic Photojournalistic, this was so funny to me because Brad and I took the quiz together and poor thing is really not romantic at all.), after the quiz they show you the portfolios of photographers who are available on your wedding date and match your personal style. So, really, it's not too much different than meeting with a photographer and deciding if you want to work with them, the only difference is that I don't know yet whether our personalities will click. I'm trying not to be too worried about this because Brad and I are really pretty easy going and there are few people who we don't get along with.

I'm really excited about our photographer (we have yet to decide if we want videography)! We also receive a Client Planning Sheet to put all the information our photographer will need for pictures and will meet our photographer on our engagement session if not before. In case you were wondering, we did meet with individual photographers (not corporate photographers) and we really felt better about going with GS. There's always a professional back up photographer with this company and although we found another photographer who we really liked, she didn't shoot weddings "professionally", she shoots them as a hobby and for extra money. I'd love to work with her at some point because she did take beautiful pictures but for our wedding we felt like it was a smarter choice to go with George Street.

So there, one more thing off the checklist. Coming soon: booking a DJ, registering, an engagement party, and wedding dress shopping...

Chits and Giggles

3 comments :

  1. Congrats on getting your photographer! That was a HUGE deal to me, so I totally understand. And that sounds great that you get to take a quiz and they really seem to try to match you with your photo style. I didn't realize they did that, so that is awesome!

    And yes, you need videography. I have heard from TONS of brides that wish they had a video of their wedding. Yes, it's more expensive but if you are on the fence, then you should just pull the trigger and do it! You won't be disappointed.

    Thanks for linking up! I can't wait to read how your wedding dress shopping went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! I interviewed and/or researched 18 before we finally made our choice. We're planning from out of state so we have yet to meet ours, too. It was tough! I want videography, but I know we don't have the budget. I've looked into renting flipcams but we'll see! http://www.storymixmedia.com/weddings/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about your wedding dress shopping!

    mdbgettinghitched.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete