Friday, August 16, 2013

5 on Friday

Alright y'all, it's time again for 5 on Friday. I've been totally absent from blogging this week because I honestly haven't had anything I wanted to write about and no writing is better than forced writing, right? Anyway, I did manage to dig up a few things that I'm really digging this week and I can't wait to read yours too.

1.
This Video
 
So, I didn't actually watch the Teen Choice Awards, in fact, I didn't realize that was still a thing or that big time actors actually attended, but apparently they do. I saw this video floating around Facebook yesterday and it's actually pretty awesome. Ashton Kutcher gives a pretty inspiring speech about building a life worth living and how opportunity doesn't just present itself, it has to be worked for. These are all things that my parents thought me, but I've definitely ran into a few teenagers lately (and even college age friends of mine) who could use to hear this speech. If you can get over the annoying teenage girls who won't stop screaming (and probably aren't even old enough to have seen "That 70s Show") it's a pretty good watch.




2.
"So He's kind of a Baldwin"
 
Speaking of teenagers, when I got home from work yesterday "Clueless" was on! This was perfect because my only copy of "Clueless" in on VHS and I don't even have a VCR anymore :( If I'm being perfectly honest, this movie came out when I was 5, but I spent many of my teenage days watching this little gem and could probably quote every line. While y'all are rolling with the homies, remember to visit this blog, and I hope not sporadically. 
 
 3.
Crash My Party
 
Maybe it's the fact that I'm from Georgia, but I'm a huge country music fan. My taste in music really covers most every genre but for some reason I'm always pulled back to country music as my favorite. One of my favorites is Luke Bryan (duh, who doesn't like him). Maybe it's his gorgeous good looks or his smooth voice, but I've been dying for his newest CD to come out for a while now and it finally has! You can buy it here. But for now let's reminisce on the time I went to the Luke Bryan Farm Tour Concert in Athens. Oh college, how I miss you.
 
Look how close I was!
 
4. & 5.
My Two Best Friends
 
Today I'm heading down to Atlanta for a girl's night/sleepover with my two best friends and sorority sisters Katie & Kayla. Since I moved away we try to get together at least once a month but that doesn't always happen. We haven't all seen each other since June and I have yet to be able to time a visit for the two of them to come up here to see me (Brad's always home! You can't have girls' night with your fiance there.). So, I'm heading home to see them. We're all meeting up at Kayla's house in Kennesaw and spending the night catching up, drinking wine, and eating way too many snacks (the diet can take a break this weekend). I can't even tell y'all how excited I am.
Katie, Me, Kayla
Last Year at My Graduation Party
 
Go on over and link up your Five on Friday. Have a great weekend y'all!

 

4 comments :

  1. Ok so I love every single one of these!! 1. I felt the exact same way about that speech 2. I laughed out loud at the last sentence! 3.Just, drool. 4/5. I went to highschool with Kayla too!! Such a small world!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that speech. Finally something in Hollywood life that is actually real! I am obsessed with Clueless. Love that movie. Have an awesome weekend!

    I Pink i Love You

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch the awards either, but I heard Ashton on the radio this morning, and he alluded to the same concept and it made me like him even more..so inspiring! And THANK YOU for posting about Luke's new CD...he is my fave, but I totally forgot his new CD came out...I don't usually purchase CDs but I think I'll have to buy his on iTunes. Have a fun girls night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love ashton's speach!
    I think I was at that LB show too! If that's the one at the Tucker plantation at least.

    ReplyDelete