Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thankful Thursday: I'm No Longer Unemployed

If you've been reading this blog for oh, I don't know, the past week or so, then I'm sure you've been sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear if I got that job I interviewed for. You haven't? Too bad...

As you may have read, I moved to Greenville in mid-June to live with my boyfriend who is now my fiance. Prior to moving to Greenville, I lived in and taught Kindergarten in the Charlotte, NC area. Words cannot even describe to you what a perfect job this was. I still think about my little babies and want to cry sometimes with how much I miss them. I guess I'm just weird like that. Brad and I started ring shopping at the beginning of June and had been seriously discussing marriage for several months prior (and casually discussing it for several years before that), so I resigned from my job and have spent all summer hanging out and searching for a new job here in Greenville.

See! I really was a teacher. Wish I could show your my little kiddos faces because they are the cutest.

I had one teaching interview that was a complete wash, he was not into me having gone to college in GA, taught in NC, and moved to SC after only a year of teaching. Sorry, life happens, bro. After a good 3 months of searching and one pathetic interview, I started to wonder if teaching wasn't supposed to happen for me right now. I'm a huge believer in God's timing and His plan and thought maybe God didn't think I could handle a new job and planning a wedding. If you know how stressed out I get about everything you would consider this a possibility too.

Even though Brad makes more than enough to support us right now, I knew that I wanted to have some sort of job. One so I wouldn't go crazy at home and also because I thought even a little money would help contribute to the wedding. Last week I was looking on Facebook and saw that Marley Lilly was hiring. If you've ever bought anything monogrammed there's a pretty good chance you've bought it here. It is literally my favorite place to go for monograms, that and Etsy. Everyone I know knows about ML, but maybe that's because this is the South and I was in a sorority.

Anyway, long story short, I went for an interview at Marley Lilly and they were super nice. They invited me to come back for a working interview this past Tuesday and after working all day (9-4, their hours are awesome) offered me a full time job as a Quality Control employee. This basically means that I inspect the products and package them for shipping. Super easy job and fun. It's nothing but girls who work there so it's kind of like being in sorority recruitment all day. Only down side is even though it's a full-time job, it doesn't offer any benefits. Boo...

Enter my second job prospect. Tuesday morning before going in for my working interview I got an e-mail from The Goddard School about interviewing for a teaching position. I had applied here like a month ago and had pretty much given up since I hadn't heard anything. I don't know much about this job yet and will keep you updated after my interview at 10 AM today. I have never really thought much about teaching preschool but I feel this would look a lot better on my resume for applying to school districts next school year than Marley Lilly would. I by no means have this job yet, but I really want it! I miss teaching so much. I normally wouldn't share this until I know I have the job, but I'd really appreciate your prayers and kind thoughts coming my way. I apologize for another long post. I just had a lot to share the past few days!

P.S. On the plus side, even if I don't get the teaching job, which hopefully won't happen, Marley Lilly is still letting me work for them. I just have to let them know. How awesome is that. That's means I'm officially no longer unemployed!

1 comment :

  1. Congrats! Such exciting news, I too am a firm believer in God's timing and his plan is greater than our dreams, so hang in there. Good luck today :)

    ReplyDelete