We are also hoping to finalize our photographer and DJ this week, if not then by next week. I feel like we are getting a lot done! But then I put together a checklist of everything we still need to do and it is SO much! Good thing we have another 13 months to plan :) If you're interested, here's our checklist:
Book photographer
Book videographer (?)
Book DJ
Ask bridal party to be in wedding
Register
Book florist
Buy wedding dress
Book ceremony musician
Take engagement pictures
Select bridesmaid dresses
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
Book cake baker
Buy cake knife & server
Order save the dates
Finalize guest list
Send save the dates
Book officiant
Book Photo Booth
Hotel room blocks
MOB & MOG dress shopping
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
Find dress lingerie/garter
Book makeup artist & hair stylist
Hair & make up trial
Final hair trial
Dress Measurements
1st dress fitting
2nd dress fitting
Order invitations
Mail invitations
Book rehearsal dinner venue
Buy Rehearsal Dinner dress
Order koozies for rehearsal dinner
Make & Paint Corn Horn Boards for RD
Buy bridal party gifts
Make bridal party gift tags
Bachelorette party
Purchase wedding bands
Get marriage license
Book transportation from reception to hotel
Book honeymoon
Rehearsal Dinner invitations
Groom's cake
Buy Alcohol for Reception Bar
Book Hotel for Night Before & Saturday Day (My Family & Bridal Party)
Music selections to band and ceremony artist
Book wedding night hotel room
Order thank you notes
Wedding Day - become Mr. & Mrs. B!!!
Oh wow!! That is a HUGE checklist.. lol
ReplyDeleteMel
www.ipinkiloveyou.com
I remember all the fun I had planning my wedding. Have a blast, it will be here before you know it, trust me!
ReplyDeleteso exciting! I'm jealous you already have your date & venue, hopefully we'll have ours after going to NC this weekend! It must feel good to start checking things off :)
ReplyDeleteYou have a long list, lady! But you also have a ton of time to get everything sorted out. That's the great thing about super long engagements! I'm jealous you got to test the food already. We haven't done that yet and we haven't planned our menu at all! I might need to get on that!
ReplyDeleteYou just reminded me I need to update our checklist too!
Thanks so much for linking up!
I just did a checklist too, but it looks like you have a bunch of stuff I forgot!! Thanks for the list and good luck with all of the fun wedding planning!!
ReplyDeleteWe didn't necessary have an intentional theme with our food, but being that we were married at a Southern plantation and used their inhouse caterer, our food was primarily Southern. But awfully delicious!
ReplyDeleteAnd you list look awfully comprehensive. But depending on whether you want to have them, may want to add programs, menu cards, or escort cards to it.
yay for long engagements! It takes out some of the stress, I love it! Although, I will probably sprint down that aisle by the time mine gets here! haha :)
ReplyDelete